Recipe: Carote Agro-Dolce
- 10 Large Carrots
- Sea Salt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Granulated Sugar
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Fresh Parsley
- Wash and peel the carrots.
- Slice diagonally into ovals
- Coat the pan in Olive Oil and add the carrots.
- Saute on medium for 5 minutes.
- Add 1-2 cups of red wine vinegar and cook for 2 minutes.
- When half of the vinegar has evaporated, add 5 tablespoons of sugar.
- Keep stirring until the vinegar evaporates completely.
- Serve the carrots at room temperature or chilled on a platter and garnish with olive oil and chopped fresh parsley.
Recipe provided, with permission, by Letizia's Fiore Ristorante. www.YouNeedVino.com
2456 N California Ave, Chicago, IL 60647